Gartner Analyst Suffers Editing Issues, Like All Writers

Earlier I mentioned misuse of the term "sniffing" in a recent Gartner article. Sources close to the story report that the intended term was "scanning," not "sniffing." A corrected version is expected to be posted soon. I would like to thank my sources for the information and relate that I have also suffered at the hands of editors. Several years ago an editor decided that my use of the word "UNIX" somehow required expanding that "acronym" -- hence the appearance of "Uniplexed Information and Computer System (UNIX)" in an article I "wrote." Argh.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for that little snippet.

I was intersted because that sort of 'misinformation insertion' happens pretty often within IT (process people whiting out important technical details, technical people misiterpreting important process issues, etc).

It isn't just a writer/editor problem!

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics